FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JULY 19, 2012 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jim Boff, Chairman; Patrick Bell, Vice Chairman; Todd Levent, Secretary; Ralph J. Amos, Member; Brian R. Tam, Member.
I. Call Meeting to Order
Called to order @ 5:02 p.m.
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda
Unanimously approved as amended.
(New Business 1(A) was postponed to 08/16/12).
IV. Announcements and Reports
Chairman Boff read a statement regarding pending water issues with the City of Cumming.
V. Public Comments
VI. Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of July 5, 2012
(2) Work Session and Executive Session of July 10, 2012
(3) Special Called Meeting of July 16, 2012
VII. Consent Agenda:
The Consent Agenda was unanimously approved.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of July 5, 2012 and July 10, 2012.
(2) Acceptance of right of way as a county maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Bluff Heights Drive, Allison Road and Carleen Court in The Vistas at Castleberry – Phase 2 with an established speed limit of 25 m.p.h. – District #3 – Director of Engineering.
(3) Ratification of Settlement Agreement and Release between Caroland Development, LLC and Forsyth County for reduction of soil and erosion fines for Provence in accordance with Exhibit D of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners’ Resolution dated June 21, 2012 – Director of Engineering.
(4) Ratification of Settlement Agreement and Release between Waterford Bluff, LLC and Forsyth County for reduction of soil and erosion fines in accordance with Exhibit D of the Forsyth County Board of Commissioners’ Resolution dated June 21, 2012 – Director of Engineering.
(5) Ratification of annual agreement between the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) and Forsyth County for a license to perform live entertainment or mechanical music publicly on the premises and at events and functions with authorization for the County Manager to execute agreement – County Manager.
(6) Ratification of annual agreement between Broadcast Music, Inc. (BMI) and Forsyth County for a license to perform live entertainment or mechanical music publicly on the premises and at events and functions with authorization for the County Manager to execute agreement – County Manager.
(7) Ratification of the following items that were discussed and unanimously approved at a Work Session held on July 10, 2012:
(A) Board adoption of a Resolution to reduce the current size of the Forsyth County Development Authority to seven members by dissolving the two (2) vacant seats - Commissioners Amos/Bell.
(B) Board approval to issue a tax refund for 2009 and 2010 to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. - Chief Appraiser/County Attorney.
(C) Board adoption of a Resolution to amend the fiscal year 2012 budget for 2011 encumbrances (assigned fund balance) and committed fund balance (including the tree fund and topping bonds from 2011) – Director of Finance/CFO.
(D) Board authorization to proceed with advertising for Public Hearings to amend the Forsyth County Alcohol Ordinance regarding the alcohol license renewal process – Director of Planning & Community Development.
(E) Board approval of Local Public Road Acceptance Resolution accepting title and ownership of the property of Drew Road affected by the widening and reconstruction of the Bethelview Road Project – Project CSSTP-0009-00(316) – Director of Engineering.
(F) Board approval of contracts for Maintenance of Highways numbered 3570M, authorizing Resolution and Local State Route Acceptance Resolution for proposed State Highway System addition SR 1233 - widening & reconstruction to Bethelview Road, Project CSSTP-0009-00(316) – Director of Engineering.
VIII. Old Business:
VIII. New Business:
(1) Rezoning requests: (Director of Planning & Community Development)
(A) Eastgate Church, ZA3588, A1 to CBD with a Conditional Use Permit for a 29,000 square foot worship facility with 197 parking spaces and a variance to the side yard buffer and side yard setback requirements and a variance to the rear yard buffer and rear yard setback requirements - (UDC Chapter 12, Table 12.1 and Table 12.2) – District #2.
Postponed to 08/16/12.
(B) Danny Bennett, ZA3593, HB to A1 – District #3.
(2) Consideration of recommendation by the SPLOST VII Jail/Courthouse Project Team and Selection Committee to award Program Manager Services for the Jail/Courthouse Project to CGL (Carter Goble Lee, LLC) – County Manager.
Unanimously approved to award to CGL.
(3) Adoption of 2012 Millage Rates for Maintenance & Operations (Net M&O Millage), Fire and Bond – Director of Finance/CFO.
Unanimously adopted Millage Rates as follows:
M&O - 4.812
Fire - 1.975
Bond - 0.869
(4) Adoption of Resolution to adopt the 2012 Millage Rate – Director of Finance/CFO.
(This agenda item will be taken up for consideration after the Forsyth County Board of Education establishes a millage rate at its 6:00 p.m. meeting and the results of that action are communicated to the Board of Commissioners. The necessity of receiving the Board of Education millage may give rise to a brief delay in considering this item).
Unanimously adopted a resolution to approve the 2012 Millage Rate as follows:
County (Incorporated Area) .026574 (26.574 Mills)
County (Unincorporated Area) .026574 (26.574 Mills)
X. Recess Regular Meeting
XI. Executive Session if Needed
Adjourned @ 6:09 p.m.