FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
MONDAY, AUGUST 25, 2003 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Jack Conway, Chairman; Marcie Kreager, Vice Chairman; Charles Laughinghouse, Secretary; Eddie Taylor, Member; David (AJ) Pritchett, Member.
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
III. Adoption of Agenda Adopted with changes.
IV. Announcements and Reports:
(1) Notice to rescind Boards approval on ZA# 2703 and place on September 8, 2003 Agenda Commissioner Laughinghouse.
(2) Presentation of Resolutions in recognition of the Coal Mountain Zips baseball team Commissioner Laughinghouse.
(3) Presentation of Resolution in memory of Billy Evans Chairman Conway.
V. Public Comments 2 spoke
VI. Adoption of Minutes:
Regular Meeting and Executive Session of July 28, 2003. Adopted.
Called Meeting/Work Session of August 11, 2003. Adopted.
Called Executive Session of August 11, 2003. Adopted.
Regular Meeting of August 11, 2003. Adopted.
VII. Consent Agenda:
(1) Adoption of Resolution authorizing Affidavit concerning Executive Session of August 11, 2003. Adopted.
(2) Adoption of Resolution in memory of Billy Evans for his years of service on the Appeals Board County Administrator. Adopted.
(3) Adoption of Resolution in recognition of the Coal Mountain Zips baseball team County Administrator. Adopted.
(4) Adoption of Resolution of appreciation County Administrator. Adopted.
(5) Acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained Road (Haw Creek Parkway) Director of Engineering. Approved.
(6) Approval of update to Bond Policy Director of Engineering. MOVED TO NEW BUSINESS.
(7) Ratification of emergency repair of drainage system E911 parking area Procurement Director. Approved.
(8) Adoption of Resolution to amend Civil Service Policies Chairman Conway.
VIII. Old Business:
(1) Discussion regarding the extension of the Adult Entertainment Ordinance Moratorium County Attorney. Postponed to 9/8/03.
(2) Discussion regarding the 120 day Residential Moratorium Commissioner Laughinghouse. Extended to midnight on 9/25/03.
(3) Request by Leonard Callas to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA# 2622 (Callas Develoment, Inc.) District #4 Director of Planning & Development. (Public Hearing held on August 18, 2003). - Approved.
(4) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Bowen & Company, Inc., ZA# 2770, A1 to R2R as Conservation with a Variance for setbacks District #4. Postponed to 9/22/03.
(5) Approval of proposal for Marie Garrett to serve as temporary Impact Fee Administrator Assistant Director of Planning & Development. Approved.
(6) Approval of request for acceptance of right-of-way as a County maintained road and initiation of 18 month maintenance period: - Approved.
(A) Vickery, Phase 1
(1) Odell Street
(2) Long Park Road
(7) Appointment of member to the Finance Committee Chairman Conway. Postponed to 9/8/03.
IX. New Business:
(1) Rezoning requests: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Mary Elizabeth Hamil, HOP# 03-019, issuance of a Home Occupation Permit for a beauty shop to be located on property currently zoned A1 District #2. Approved.
(B) Sawnee Electric Membership Corporation, CUP# 03-043, issuance of a Conditional Use Permit for the purpose of a warehouse facility on property currently zoned CBD District #1. Approved with conditions.
(C) River Hill, LLC, ZA# 2671, A1 & OSR to PUD District #4. Approved with conditions.
(D) Gary Dingler, ZA# 2733, R1 to R3 District #5. Approved with conditions.
(E) Greenspace Properties, LLC, ZA# 2735, A1 to R2R as Conservation District #1. Approved with conditions.
(F) C. M. Vaughn, ZA# 2768, A1 to R2R District #3. Approved with conditions.
(G) Paul D. Donaldson/Donaldson & Associates, ZA# 2772, A1 to R2R with a variance to buffer requirements District #2. Postponed to 9/22/03.
(H) Donald H. Burruss, ZA# 2773, A1 to R2R District #1. Postponed to 11/24/03.
(I) Tabas, LLLP, ZA# 2780, A1 to R2R as Conservation District #3. Approved with conditions.
(J) Callas Development Company, Inc., ZA# 2782, A1 to R2R District #4. Approved with conditions.
(K) Arthur T. & Martha Merriman, ZA# 2786, A1 to OR with a variance for number of students allowed District #2. Approved with conditions.
(L) Vickery Land Company, LLC, ZA# 2787, A1 to UV with a variance to required setbacks District #3. Postponed to 9/22/03.
(2) Appointment/reappointment of member to the Board of Tax Assessors for District #5 (term of Dayle Yates will expire on August 27, 2003) County Administrator. Reappointed Dayle Yates.
(3) Approval of request for the collection of tag fees and ad valorem taxes on automobiles via the Internet Tax Commissioner. Approved.
(4) Approval of the Blount Construction Company proposal in the amount of $707,429.22 for the 2.9 mile McGinnis Ferry Road Rehabilitation Project from McFarland Road to Sargent Road Director of Engineering. Approved - contingent upon execution of Intergovernmental Agreement.
Approval of Intergovernmental Agreement between Fulton County and Forsyth County for the McGinnis Ferry Road Rehabilitation Project Director of Engineering. Approval granted for Chairman Conway to sign Agreement when it is returned from Fulton County.
Request approval of Change Order #1 with PBS&J on the St. Marlo pump station Director of Water & Sewer. Approved.
MOVED FROM CONSENT AGENDA:
Approval of update to Bond Policy Director of Engineering Approved.
X. Recess Regular Meeting
XI. Executive Session if Needed