FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2009 @ 5:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
Charles Laughinghouse, Chairman; Jim Harrell, Vice Chairman; Patrick Bell, Secretary; Brian Tam, Member; Jim Boff, Member.
Call Meeting to Order
Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
Adoption of Agenda Adopted as amended.
Announcements and Reports:
(1) Chairman Laughinghouse recognized several members from Boy Scout Troop 3740 who were in attendance.
(2) Chairman Laughinghouse read into the record and presented a Proclamation.
Public Comments 7 speakers.
Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Work Session and Executive Session of August 25, 2009.
(2) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of September 3, 2009.
(3) Work Session of September 8, 2009.
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of August 25, 2009 and September 3, 2009.
(2) Adoption of Proclamation proclaiming the month of September, 2009 as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in Forsyth County Chairman Laughinghouse.
Adopted and presented to Phyllis Shultz.
(3) The following items were previously discussed and unanimously approved at a Work Session held on September 8, 2009:
(A) Approval of Nutrition Program Contract for FY 2010 between The Legacy Link, Inc. and Forsyth County Director of Senior Services.
(B) Approval to declare one (1) 800 gallon fuel truck as surplus for resale into the used vehicle market Director of Fleet Maintenance.
(C) Acceptance of Bid 09-40-1500 for Natural Gas Service Procurement Director.
(D) Acceptance of Bid 09-31-1620 to remove and replace driveways/parking lots at Fire Stations 14 and 15 Procurement Director.
(E) Approval of contract with Hussey, Gay, Bell & Deyoung for architectural services for Fire Station 7 Procurement Director.
(F) Acceptance of Bid 09-41-1620 for construction of the Crime Lab for the Sheriffs Office Procurement Director.
(G) Acceptance of RFP 09-26-5212 for Master Plan of Wallace Tatum Property Procurement Director.
(H) Approval of Summary Change Order for the Big Creek Trail Phase 1 Procurement Director.
(I) Approval of Summary Change Order for the Big Creek Trail Phases 2 and 3 Procurement Director.
(J) Rejection of Bid 09-01-3150 for the construction of the James Burgess Sidewalk Procurement Director.
Removed and placed on 09/22/09 Work Session Agenda.
(K) Award of RFP 09-24-3150 for the Transportation Up-date Procurement Director.
(L) Authorization to proceed with solicitation of RFPs for Program Management Services for the Engineering Department Procurement Director.
(M) Approval of Work Detail Agreement in the amount of $39,500 with the Georgia Department of Corrections for the period of July 1, 2009 through June 30, 2010 Director of Engineering.
(N) Authorization to allow North American Properties to transfer excess sewer capacity to a developer across Peachtree Parkway Director of Water & Sewer.
VIII. Public Hearing:
(1) Request by Dusty Gerrell (formerly Atlanta Road, LLC) to rezone from R1/CBD to M2 with a Conditional Use Permit for the purpose of a C & D Landfill ZA3474 District #1 Director of Planning & Development.
TABLED. Chairman Laughinghouse announced that at a meeting approximately 30 days from today he will be moving to take this item off of the table to bring it to a Public Hearing and a vote before the Board.
IX. Old Business:
(1) Rezoning request: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Paces Battle Properties, ZA3411, A1 to MPD with variances to buffer and impervious setback requirements District #3.
(Postponed from 07/16/09, 08/20/09 and 09/03/09 Agendas).
Approved with conditions.
(1) Rezoning requests: (Director of Planning & Development)
(A) Melba J. Huntley, HP090002, issuance of a Home Occupation Permit for the purpose of providing hair care services on property currently zoned A1 District #4.
(B) Alvero Lievano, CP090005, issuance of a Conditional Use Permit for the purpose of a 630 square foot detached accessory apartment on property currently zoned A1 District #1.
Approved with conditions.
(C) Ricky Bryan, ZA3520, RES2 to A1 District #4.
(D) Bethany Primitive Baptist Church, ZA3523, RES3 to A1 with a variance to sewer distance requirements District #2.
(2) Request approval of Site Plan and Accessory Use for Good Shepherd Catholic Church for a pavilion District #5 Director of Planning & Development.
(3) Request approval of proposed contract with the Public Finance Management (PFM) Group to provide financial advisory services to the county for future bond issues Chief Financial Officer.
(Previously discussed at 09/03/09 Work Session).
Postponed to next available Work Session for discussion.
(4) Appointment/reappointment of member to the Zoning Board of Appeals for District #1 - (the term of John Mobley has expired) County Manager.
Reappointed John Mobley.
Recess Regular Meeting
Executive Session if Needed
Signature of Approved Documents