FORSYTH COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS
THURSDAY, JULY 1, 2010 @ 3:00 P.M.
FORSYTH COUNTY ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
110 EAST MAIN STREET - SUITE 220
CUMMING, GEORGIA 30040
I. Call Meeting to Order
II. Recess Regular Meeting
III. Executive Session if Needed (3:00 p.m. 5:00 p.m.)
IV. Reconvene Regular Meeting at 5:00 p.m.
V. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance
VI. Adoption of Agenda
VII. Announcements and Reports
VIII. Public Comments
IX. Adoption of Minutes:
(1) Regular Meeting/Public Hearings and Executive Session of June 17, 2010.
(2) Work Session and Executive Session of June 22, 2010.
(3) Called Special Executive Session of June 29, 2010.
X. Consent Agenda:
(1) Adoption of Resolutions authorizing Affidavits concerning Executive Sessions of June 17, 2010, June 22, 2010 and June 29, 2010.
(2) Acceptance of right of way as County maintained roads and initiation of 18 month maintenance period for Watkins Pointe Lane and Waterford Glen Drive in Enclave at Waterford, Phase 1 Subdivision with a speed limit of 25 MPH District #3 Director of Engineering.
(3) The following items were previously discussed and unanimously approved at a Work Session held on June 22, 2010:
(A) Adoption of amendment to the Intergovernmental Agreement between the Technical College System of Georgia (Lanier Technical College) and Forsyth County regarding a proposed name change from the Lanier Technical Economic Development Facility & Forsyth Civic Auditorium to Lanier Technical College/Forsyth Conference Center County Attorney.
(B) Approval of Interface Development between Sheriffs Office RMS and New Court RMS Captain M. D. Honiker.
(C) Approval to apply for NADDI Law Enforcement Grant in the amount of $10,000.00 no match required Captain M. D. Honiker.
(D) Appointment of Mitch McKinney to the Board of Ethics as the Forsyth County Bar Association Representative Ethics Board Clerk.
(E) Reappointment of Tim Perry to the Board of Ethics as the Elected Officials Representative Ethics Board Clerk.
(F) Reappointment of Rusty Ricketson to the Board of Ethics as the Employees Representative Ethics Board Clerk.
(G) Approval of ACCG-IRMA Property & Liability Insurance Proposal for Policy Year July 01, 2010 July 1, 2011 in the amount of $557,619.00 Risk Manager.
(H) Acceptance of Bid 10-36-1620 for changing of lights from T-12 to T-8 Procurement Director.
(I) Acceptance of RFP 10-25-2511 for environmental monitoring and post closure services for the landfill Procurement Director.
(J) Rejection of Bid 10-28-3120 for two (2) two-wheel drive tractors for the Roads & Bridges Department Procurement Director.
(K) Approval to purchase upgrade to the Interact CAD Software to include InteractCIS NCIC Package for the E-911 Center Procurement Director.
(L) Approval of request by Piedmont Investments for a refund of a duplicate sewer pump station phase-out fee with general terms and manner to be determined by the Department of Water & Sewer and the Finance Department Director of Water & Sewer.
(M) Approval of Edge City - Overlook Agreement County Attorney.
XI. Public Hearings:
(1) Request approval of Alcohol License for Hanson Holdings of GA, LLC d/b/a Pier 29 On Lanier, Named Licensee is Beverly Fricks, application to Sell Distilled Spirits, Malt Beverages (Beer) and Wine for Consumption on the Premises - (AL100502) District #4 Assistant Director of Planning & Development.
(2) Second reading of proposed amendments to the Forsyth County Tree Protection and Replacement Ordinance No. 98 County Attorney.
(First Public Hearing was held 06/03/10).
(3) Second reading of proposed amendments to the Forsyth County Alcohol Ordinance #68 County Attorney.
(First Public Hearing was held 06/03/10).
(4) Proposed changes to the official Zoning Map to change all A2 zoned parcels to A1 Principal Planner.
(5) Proposed changes to the Unified Development Code (UDC) regarding Big Creek impervious areas, Churches, MPDs, A2/CONS zoning districts, Chapter 8 and PC/ZBA membership changes Principal Planner.
(6) Request by Tyrone Williams Rogers regarding the denial of a rear yard variance by the Appeals Board on May 4, 2010 VA100002 (AV100002) District #1 Assistant Director of Planning & Development.
(7) Request by Chestatee State Bank to amend zoning conditions placed on ZA3212 (Bethany Land Company) AZ100008 District #3 Assistant Director of Planning & Development.
XII. Old Business:
(1) Approval of amendment to the ACCG Summer Internship Grant Agreement Grants Administrator/County Attorney.
XIII. New Business:
(1) Request acceptance of Bid 10-45-3120 for two (2) two-wheel drive tractors with finishing mowers for the Roads & Bridges Department Procurement Director.
(Previously discussed at a Work Session held on 06/22/10).
(2) Request by Brian Jacowitz for a Public Hearing regarding the denial of an administrative decision by the Appeals Board on June 1, 2010 for AW100001 (AV100003) District #5 Assistant Director of Planning & Development.
(3) Request by Roberto Anderson for a Public Hearing regarding the denial of an administrative decision by the Appeals Board on June 1, 2010 for AW100002 (AV100004) District #4 Assistant Director of Planning & Development.
(4) Planning & Development Director Board of Commissioners.
XIV. Recess Regular Meeting
XV. Executive Session if Needed
XVI. Signature of Approved Documents