Copyright 2023 by Forsyth County, Georgia

Request New Service / Cancel Service

Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer Online Account Access Information

The Forsyth County Department of Water and Sewer is pleased to announce the availability of our online account access site. Here customers can sign up for web access to their water and sewer account.  Click on the "View or Pay Your Bill Online" link below to access your account. 

View or Pay Your Bill Online

E-Billing option is available!  After you sign up for access to our site, please consider choosing paperless billing. 

Please be advised:

If your water service has been disconnected for non-payment, paying online will not automatically restore service.  You MUST contact the business office at (770) 781-2160 or visit our office (Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM) to have your water service restored.  Once payment has been received, a service order will be issued to have the water service restored.

Applying for New Service

To apply for water/sewer service please complete the form below. You will need to attach a copy or photo of 1) your driver’s license and 2) fully executed lease or purchase agreement to the form below. Please make sure these are available on the device you are using.

Please do not submit application prior to two weeks before service start date.

At least thirty (30) minutes after the form has been submitted, please contact our office at 770-781-2160 to speak with a customer service representative, schedule your connection date, and pay your deposit and any other fees with a Visa or MasterCard.

Connections are made Monday through Friday only.  To protect your home or business, ensure all water lines, faucets, toilets, washing systems or irrigation systems are in good working order and turned off prior to the date your service is scheduled to begin.  Please be advised that any water damage to your property as a result of the water service being turned on at the meter is the responsibility of the property owner.

This application is for Forsyth County Georgia residents only.

New Service Request Form

Personal Information

Contact Information

Address Information

Driver's License

Senior Discount available to customers 62+ years old. Proof of date of birth required.

Rental/Lease Agreement, Purchase Agreement

Additional Documentation/Page (Optional)

No Water? Purchase a Meter. 

To establish water service at a location where there is not an existing connection, a new meter must be purchased.  The purchase of a water meter may be made in person at the Forsyth County Water and Sewer Department located in the County Administration Building at 110 East Main Street, Suite 150, or by sending an email to  A customer service representative will contact you to obtain the required information for purchase of the water meter.  Tap fees, service charges, and security deposits are due at the time of application.  

Cancel Service

You must contact our office to cancel your service.  Please call 770-781-2160 during normal business hours.

Disconnected Service

Any past due amount on your account subjects your water service to disconnection.  NO ADDITIONAL NOTICES WILL BE SENT.

If your water service has been disconnected for non-payment, please contact the office at (770) 781-2160, during normal business hours 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Monday - Friday. The full account balance plus a $75.00 service fee must be paid before water service will be restored.  Please be advised, paying online will not automatically restore water service. You MUST contact the business office during normal business hours at (770) 781-2160 or visit our office to have a reconnect service order issued and your water service restored.

Once payment has been received, a service order will be issued to restore water service. We do not guarantee when water service will be restored; however, every effort will be made to have water service restored by 8:30 AM the next day.  If your water service has not been restored by 8:30 AM the next day, please contact the office and let them know your service has not been restored.  Customers paying online MUST contact the business office during normal business hours to verify payment was received and have a reconnection service order issued.

In the event that the lock is removed or the meter is damaged due to the customer attempting to restore water service, a minimum of $150.00 in fines will be added to the account. If the lock is removed or the meter is damaged a second time the meter will be pulled, legal action will be taken, and there will be a $750.00 reconnection fee to reestablish service.

Any returned check or other rejected method of payment on an account will result in a $35.00 returned item fee and disconnection of service.

Water Leak Adjustment Policy 

The Forsyth County Water and Sewer Department understands that our customers may sometimes experience a high water/sewer bill due to a water leak on the customer side of the water meter.  On May 15, 2014, the Board of Commissioners approved a resolution to govern the circumstances under which Water Leak Billing Adjustments may be provided.

Please review the Leak Adjustment Policy and Form below to determine if you qualify for a leak adjustment.  Customers requesting a leak adjustment should complete the Leak Detail Form below and fax, email, or mail the completed form to:

Leak Adjustment
Forsyth County Commercial Services Department
110 East Main Street, Suite 150
Cumming, GA 30040

Fax (770) 781-3044



Leak Adjustment Policy and Form